Wednesday, April 22, 2015

You're drunk Winter! Go home!


You can hardly tell it, but the sun was trying to shine through all of that gloom this morning. Winter decided to try and overstay his welcome yet again this morning. Granted, this is Chicago and winter often persists in the form of cold temperatures even into the beginning of May, despite calendar proclamations and pronouncements from rodents about the beginning of Spring. In spite of that I just wasn't ready to ride into work on yet another day with temperatures in the low 30s Fahrenheit. I wish that figure was Celsius. So, I layered up with my mild winter gear and headed out the door. With no forecast for rain I was aggravated to see the ominous low hanging clouds, for all the world portending rain. I hadn't packed my new Showers Pass jacket, the forecast for the next several days said I didn't need it.

Still, about five minutes in and I was feeling drops hitting me. But wait, not drops. Nope. Sleet.

Sleet?! Really?! April 22nd and sleet for my ride in. Seriously Old Man Winter, stop being such an asshole and leave already. We're done with you. Some folks would tell you to just grin and bear it. Yeah, it might have looked like I was grinning but no, that was not a grin but was instead a rictus of determination. Nope. Mr. Car-free-bike-commuter-man just sucks it up and keeps turning the cranks over. Winter, you can suck it because I know that even though you keep trying to overstay your welcome, your days are numbered dude. Man I love riding my bike!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had an infinately large trunk bag tht was invisible and had no weight. That way I could always carry the gear that I thought I would not need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lonnie,
    Back in my old days of playing Dungeons and Dragons, we'd called that kind of container a "Bag of Holding." Sort of like a TARDIS bigger on the inside than the outside. ;) I guess I don't have any invisible weightless bags, but barring that, I sure don't have any lack of places to put regular bags.

    ReplyDelete